Welcome to the Huron Valley Schools Enrollment Center
The information on this site is provided to assist parents and guardians in the student enrollment process. There are several ways to become a part of the Huron Valley Schools (HVS) family:
1) Gain residency in the Huron Valley School District.
Our Street Guide will help determine if you are a resident of our district.
Huron Valley Schools Street Guide - rev 6-12-19
2) Enroll through Schools of Choice.
Huron Valley Schools is a Schools of Choice district. Under Schools of Choice Section 105, Huron Valley Schools may enroll students from another school district within Oakland County providing the student meets the application guidelines. More information can be found under the 'Schools of Choice' page.
If you are unfamiliar with where our schools are located, this link to a map of our district schools should be helpful.
All NEW or returning families enrolling their Junior Kindergarten - 12th grade student(s) must submit an online enrollment application through the Skyward Family Access Online Enrollment portal.
Required Documentation for Enrollment:
1) Child's Original Birth Certificate (with seal)
2) Parent/Guardian Identification (valid driver's license or passport)
3) Verification of Residency (PA Manual 3-2, 4-1 & Board Policy AP-5111(2)(3):
There are two types of residency verification defined by HVS Board policy - Determinative and Corroborative. One determinative and one corroborative document can be requested. As the Pupil Accounting Manual requires only that residency be reasonably verified, the secretary can reserve the right to request additional pieces as needed to reasonably verify district residency.
Determinative residency proof would include a MOST RECENT copy of a document that shows a residential address; something tied to a physical address includes the following:
Purchase Agree/Closing Statement/Mortgage Document/Leasing Paper
Property Tax Statements
Utility Bills (Electric, Gas, Water, Garbage) (A cell phone bill is not tied to an address and therefore is not acceptable as determinative proof)
Court Order/Foster Home License
2. Corroborative residency proof would include:
Other bills/mailings/documentation with name & address to home not specified above.
4) Official Immunization Record from doctor's office or health department - Upon enrollment, state law mandates that you must provide the school with a record showing that your child has received at lease one dose of the following immunizations (Parents must then follow up to complete the required vaccinations).
Preschool/Childcare Vaccine Requirements
School Age Vaccine Requirements
Need your child's official immunization record? Please fill out the Request for Official State of Michigan Immunization Record Application that can be found on MCIR.org . Or ask your child's pediatrician to fax their immunization record to Pupil Services at 248-684-8124.
Immunization Waiver Information - On December 11, 2014, the administrative rule was passed by Michigan Department of Community Health requiring any parent/guardian wanting to waive vaccine/vaccines for nonmedical reasons to receive vaccine education from their local health department. This rule applies to children entering childcare, kindergarten, and 7th grade or newly enrolled in the school district after January 1, 2015.
Parent Key Point Flyer for Nonmedical Waiver
Immunization Waiver Information
5) Vision Screening - Junior Kindergarten & Kindergarten students only. For more information, visit the Oakland County Vision Screening website .
6) Guardianship Documentation (if applicable)
7) Special Education Documents – Current IEP/MET (if applicable)
Country Oaks Elementary
Spring Mills Elementary
Muir Middle School
Oak Valley Middle School
White Lake Middle School
Harbor High School
Lakeland High School
Milford High School
Huron Valley Virtual Academy