Well it is here! Graduation 2022! All of us here at Lakeland are excited about graduation this weekend for the Class of 2022. Some reminders and information for this Sunday’s ceremony based on questions we have been asked this week:
1. All seniors need to be here no later then 3:15pm and are to report to the Aux Gym with the cap and gown on and all of their cords, tassels, medals, etc. The ceremony starts at 4pm and will be over by 6pm at the latest. We are shooting for 90 minutes for the time of the ceremony. We also ask no noise makers, signs, etc as it is distracting from the formality of the ceremony and may block another parties view of their graduate. The doors for the ceremony open at 2:30pm and seating is first come first serve. This includes handicapped accessible seating.
2. Parents are not allowed into the Aux Gym before or after the ceremony for logistical purposes. We are handing out packets and other important information post-ceremony on their way out that day, so we ask for your cooperation in this matter and we promise to get your graduate back to you as soon as possible. Please pick a meeting spot to meet with your students after the ceremony so that everyone in your party can meet up after the event.
3. Dress for the ceremony is business casual for the graduates. We are asking for nice sun dresses, things like that for ladies and dress pants, dress shoes, dress shirts, a tie, etc for the guys. We also ask that girls DO NOT wear pointed high heels as we have had issues with the stage and them breaking off while walking across the stage, so we are asking for nice wedges or nice sandals for female footwear to be on the safe side. Thank you!
4. The stage and football field, weather depending, will be available for pictures after the ceremony. Feel free to take as many pictures as you would like. There will also be 2 “small” stages setup, one by the Pools and Fitness entrance and one in the atrium for other pictures.
5. Tara Johnson Photography will be taking pictures at the event. Please see the attached flyer for more information. The “personal code” will be included at the ceremony.
6. We are not live streaming the ceremony to the internet. We are sorry for any issues that this causes. the ceremony will be taped by HVS TV and will be shown on HVS TV this summer. Copies will be available to purchase post event. You can buy a copy of the ceremony by calling the HVS Central Office and ordering one from them. Thanks!
7. Final grades and report cards will be posted on Monday June 20th to Skyward. If you are in need of a transcript for anything, you will have to request that through Parchment after June 20th. Please visit the LHS website at www.hvs.org/lhs and click on the link for transcripts on the main page. Thank you!
8. All caps and gowns are blue. We no longer do white gowns.
9. Cap decorations are allowed as long as they are OK for public display and are in good taste. Cap decorations not in good taste will be asked to be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.
Finally, The Class of 2023 is selling flower bouquets at the ceremony for you to give your graduate after the ceremony. They are $20 for a bouquet of roses and $15 for a bouquet of assorted flowers cash. They are taking credit cards also, but please add $2 to the prices above for credit cards. This is a fundraiser for the class. Thank you for your support!
Thank you for your help and cooperation and we look forward to seeing you on Sunday!
Lakeland High School