Here are some helpful tips on being successful at Oak Valley:
- Planners are important. Use them wisely. Write down exactly what the teacher writes on the board.
- Keep your locker neat. Do NOT share your locker combination with anyone.
- Use folders to keep your papers organized. You will need one folder and one spiral notebook for each class. Match your class notebook color with the color of your folder.
- Make homework a habit. Do it at the same time every day.
- Don’t put things off or wait until the last minute.
- Take home all necessary books. (If you forget, the school is open late into the evening)
- Take advantage of study sessions held by many teachers prior to tests.
- Make new friends.
- Join activities.
- Get involved.
- Listen to the announcements to get information about upcoming activities.
Rules and Policies
- Make positive choices.
- Rules are in place for the safety and well-being of everyone.
- Follow the Code of Conduct (It’s written in the planner.)
- Report problems to an adult if you can’t solve it by yourself.
Communicate with Us
- Let a teacher, counselor, administrator, or other staff member know if something or someone is bothering you. We want all students to feel safe and comfortable at school. We are here to help you. Let us know what we can do!