A nationally recognized middle school mentor program.
Stands for "Where Everyone Belongs"
Fifty-six students within the eighth grade class are nominated by Muir Middle School teachers. Nominations occur in their seventh grade year to participate in the semester-based class in their eighth grade school year. These leaders perform a variety of activities to better Muir's Middle School Environment. Some typical activities are:
- Train two days over the summer to become a stronger leader
- Run fun activities at 6th grade Orientation
- Personally assist teachers with copying, projects and organizing
- They are in charge of the collection of recycling materials
- Leaders Fund-raise with selling concessions at dances
- Create school spirit week theme ideas
- Design fun events for Teacher Appreciation Week
- Create fun interactive games to play with 6th graders
- Research debate topics and perform classroom debates with peers
- Volunteer to assist in outside activities in the community (Kindergarten registration, Proud Lake Hallow-weekends, etc).
WEB Training of 7th/8th graders
All 7th grade A-team and 8th grade Web leaders must attend two training days and orientation the week before school starts during the summer.
Mon. Aug. 30, 2021
7th grade A-team= 8:30am-12:00pm
8th grade Web leaders= 9:00am-12:00pm
Tues. Aug. 31, 2021
8th grade only= 9:00am-12:00pm
WEB Orientation for 6th graders
Thurs. Sept. 2, 2021
6th Grade= 9:00am-12:00pm
ALL WEB (7th and 8th)= 8:30am-12:00pm ***Wear your WEB shirt***