A nationally recognized middle school mentor program.
Stands for "Where Everyone Belongs"
Fifty-six students within the eighth grade class are nominated by Muir Middle School teachers. Nominations occur in their seventh grade year to participate in the semester-based class in their eighth grade school year. These leaders perform a variety of activities to better Muir's Middle School Environment. Some typical activities are:
- Train two days over the summer to become a stronger leader
- Run fun activities at 6th grade Orientation
- Personally assist teachers with copying, projects and organizing
- They are in charge of the collection of recycling materials
- Leaders Fund-raise with selling concessions at dances
- Create school spirit week theme ideas
- Design fun events for Teacher Appreciation Week
- Create fun interactive games to play with 6th graders
- Research debate topics and perform classroom debates with peers
- Volunteer to assist in outside activities in the community (Kindergarten registration, Proud Lake Hallow-weekends, etc).
WEB Training of 8th graders
All 8th grade leaders must attend two training days and orientation the week before school starts during the summer, 8am-12pm on Mon. Aug. 24 and Tues. Aug. 25, 2020
WEB Orientation for 6th graders
Thurs. Aug. 27, 2020
6th Grade- 8am-12pm
8th Grade WEB arrive at 7:30am
***Wear your WEB Shirt.