Welcome to Kurtz Elementary
The Kurtz Mission:
A welcoming community of empowered leaders dedicated to achieving GREATNESS.
Welcoming + Empowering + Achieving = Greatness
Academic, artistic and athletic excellence!
Setting high expectations
Shaping the future!
The Kurtz Elementary School community Grows Responsible and respectful leaders by Empowering students to achieve Academic, artistic and athletic excellence. Technology integration dynamically advances our 21st century classrooms. We provide a Nurturing environment with Enriching experiences and Set high expectations for all students who will Shape the future!
Kurtz Points of Pride
- The Kurtz Elementary community values diversity and celebrates our role in empowering individuals to accept one another's similarities and differences.
- Our staff is student centered in our approach to teaching and learning.
- Communication is consistently recognized as a strength of our team.
- We have reinvented our school improvement process. We are data driven and all inclusive
- WIN Time (What I Need) is set up for all of our students to receive "just right" learning opportunities during the school day.
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) is a key tool at Kurtz.
- The Watch D.O.G.S. program offers our fathers regular opportunities to support students in our classrooms.
- Our PTA does wonderful things to support teaching, learning and the implementation of technology and resources.
- Technology integration continues to be a priority at Kurtz!
- SMART Boards, Chromebooks and other tools are all common place in every classroom.
- Staff members are implementing new resources like Google Apps for Education, Moby Max and even coding in the classroom.
- We have reinvented our school improvement process. We are data driven and all inclusive.
Main Office: (248) 684-8025
Fax: (248) 684-8024
Attendance: (248) 684-8026
Watch the presentation our video crew created for the October 8th Board of Education Meeting! Way to go girls!
Kurtz Elementary School has an AER device on site:
The 2021-2022 School year begins on September 8th!
Start time - 9:10
End time - 4:07
Half days end at 12:45
Early Release days end at 2:37