Welcome to Kurtz Elementary
The Kurtz Mission:
A welcoming community of empowered leaders dedicated to achieving GREATNESS.
Welcoming + Empowering + Achieving = Greatness
Academic, artistic and athletic excellence!
Setting high expectations
Shaping the future!
The Kurtz Elementary School community Grows Responsible and respectful leaders by Empowering students to achieve Academic, artistic and athletic excellence. Technology integration dynamically advances our 21st century classrooms. We provide a Nurturing environment with Enriching experiences and Set high expectations for all students who will Shape the future!
Kurtz Points of Pride
- Kurtz is a REWARD SCHOOL, with a Top 4% proficiency ranking in the State of Michigan!
- We continue to evolve in our growth as a Leader in Me school.
- We are invested in growing a Culture of Thinking at Kurtz.
- The Watch D.O.G.S. program offers our fathers regular opportunities to support students in our classrooms.
- Our PTA does wonderful things to support teaching, learning and the implementation of technology and resources.
- Technology integration continues to be a priority at Kurtz!
- SMART Boards are common place in every classroom.
- Staff members are implementing new resources like Google Apps for Education, Moby Max and even coding in the classroom.
- We have reinvented our school improvement process. We are data driven and all inclusive.
- We are on the cutting edge of technology at Kurtz with our donation of one full Chromecart full of Chromebooks. Each grade level has access to their own cart. Kindergarten and first grade share a cart.
- Congratulations to Mr. Brugger and his Green Team for their work in getting Kurtz Emerald status in the Oakland County Green School initiative.
- With the support of our media tech, students film and post daily morning announcements on Youtube.
- Student photographers take daily pictures for our Watch D.O.G. Hero board and now for display on Twitter and Instagram.
Fax: (248) 684-8024
Start Time: 9:15 AM
Dismissal Time: 4:07 PM
Need Tech Support?
Click here to fill out and submit the Google Form.
Watch the presentation our video crew created for the October 8th Board of Education Meeting! Way to go girls!
Click here to view your 18-19 Annual Report.
Kurtz Family Connection
Click here to visit your resource during the 2020 closure.
For more information about our Kindergarten Orientation Night, click here.
Hey Class of 2033!
Check out this Kindergarten Orientation video. It provides an overview of our kindergarten program and what it really looks like in our great elementary schools.
Kurtz Elementary School has an AER device on site:
The 2020-2021 School year begins on August 31st!
Start time - 9:15
End time - 4:07
Half days end at 12:45
Early Release days end at 2:37
Curriculum Night 6:00 PM to 7:15 PMCurriculum NightDate: Sep 24Time: 6:00 PM to 7:15 PMCalendar: Kurtz Calendar