Good afternoon Oxbow Families,
One more week to go until we get to relish in those fun summer activities, relaxation, family trips and warm weather! Our teachers and staff have many fun end of the year activities planned for our Owls.
In addition, a big thank you to our OPC for hosting our Dads/Someone Special with Donuts event on Wednesday. We had a wonderful turn out and it was evident that our students truly enjoyed the special time with their loved one. Also, thank you to Mr. Ristau for planning and organizing our Student Recognition Breakfast this morning, and to our staff and parents that came out to cheer on and support our amazing Owls that exhibit those P2 character traits!
June 13th- Field Day for Students
June 13th- Parent Volunteer Breakfast (this is a RSVP event)
June 16th- Clap Out for 5th Graders at 12:30 pm (on the front and north-side sidewalk for parents)
June 16th-Half Day/Last Day of School for Students/Dismissal @ 12:45 pm
Field Day Updates from Mrs. Page
This is a friendly reminder that we have Field Day on Monday, June 13th during the school day. Your child will be enjoying some outdoor activities with friends and their teachers! I have had many parents sign up for volunteering but we still have a couple open spots in the afternoon session! Please sign up if you are able to help out. It is so appreciated ! Thank you parents!
Couple things I want to make sure that I remind you about.
1. Students should wear comfortable, athletic clothing and tennis shoes or closed toed shoes. Students can also wear a hat if they’d like as well.
2. Please put sunscreen and bug spray on your child, if you wish, before coming to school. We will not be applying sunscreen or bug spray to any child here.
3. Pack a water bottle!! We will have a jug of water outside in case your kiddo forgets one.
4. Check with your child's teacher about what color shirt their class is wearing. They are not required to wear a certain color but it would just be helpful for the teacher if you could do your best to find a color close to what they choose :).
5.. There will be no water stations for the students so no need to bring extra clothes.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
10:00-11:45 Stations JK-2nd Grade
- 7 minutes at each station 1 minute rotate
12:00-1:30 Lunch/Recess (Students can do playground/swings only)
1:45-3:30 stations 3rd-5th Grade
- 7 minutes at each station with 1 minute rotation
- Clean up
5th Grade Clap Out @ 12:30 pm
Parents are invited to help send off our 5th grade Owls to their next big adventure. Students will make their way through our building and will be exiting the back of the building using our new GYM doors. Parents are invited to stand alongside the side walk by the north side visitor’s parking lot (not the staff parking lot) and the front of the building.
School Age Care
We are looking to reopen a SAC program at Oxbow in the fall; however we are in need of interested candidates to apply. The hours are 6:40-9:10 am and 3:45-6:00 pm. Supervisors start at $18.50/hr and caregivers start at $15/hr. In order for Oxbow to successfully run its own program, 1 supervisor and at least 2 caregivers are needed.
Please email Lynn McKim at email@example.com with any questions.
JK-5th Grade Summer Workbooks
Each student will be receiving a free summer workbook to work on literacy and math skills next week. A detailed note will be more information will be attached. Students will return their completed books on the 1st day of school in September. Thank you Mrs. Komisarz for helping to secure these books free of charge to our students!
iReady for Current 1st-3rd Grades ONLY
2022 Summer i-Ready Family Information
Huron Valley students in grades 1-3 will have online access to the i-Ready math and reading personalized learning pathways this summer, if they participated in the spring diagnostic assessment. The students have been using i-Ready this school year and can now continue with their personalized lessons and activities at home until August 23rd, 2022.
What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an interactive, fun online learning environment designed to provide individualized instruction based on each student’s unique diagnostic assessment results in math and reading.
- Individualized, personalized instruction for each child online
- Independent learning & goal setting
- Academic support & enrichment in math and reading
- Fun & engaging activities at all levels
How to login:
- Go to the i-Ready website: https://login.i-ready.com/
- Enter your username: (first initial, last initial, student ID*)
- Enter your password: (student date of birth - mmddyyyy)
- Select your state
*To locate your student ID, login to your student’s Skyward account and look for the Other ID field.
If you have any questions or need login assistance, please contact your child’s teacher before the end of the school year.
Thank you for your continued support. You can also learn more about i-Ready by visiting i-ReadyCentral.com/FamilyCenter.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine! One more week to go!
Dream Big, Work Hard & Shine Bright