Welcome to the Purchasing Department Page
The Purchasing Department is in charge of overseeing District purchases ranging from classroom supplies to buses. In order to get the best prices and service, the District uses a variety of bidding options from bidding items at the District level, to cooperatives at the State and local level, and consortiums with other districts. Some of the cooperatives are listed below.
Purchase Order Terms and Conditions effective 12.19.14
Cooperatives Used by the District
- State of Michigan
- REMC (Regional Educational Media Center) Cooperative www.remcbids.org
- Oakland Schools www.cooperativecontracts.com
- OMNIA Partners (previously US Communities) www.omniapartners.com
- Source Well (formerly National Joint Powers Alliance) www.sourcewell-mn.gov
- MSBO(Michigan School Business Officials) www.msbo.org
- MOR (Macomb-Oakland Regional Cooperative)
- MIDEAL (MI Delivering Extended Agreements Locally) www.michigan.gov/localgov
- MHEC (Midwestern Higher Education Compact) www.mhec.org
- TCPN (The Cooperative Purchasing Network) www.tcpn.org
- PEPPM Technology Bidding & Purchasing Program www.peppm.org/state/michigan.htm
- AEPA (Association of Educational Purchasing Agencies) www.aepacoop.org
- E & I (Educational & Institutional) Cooperative Services www.eandi.org
Staff Information - Purchasing Supplies & Miscellaneous Items for District Use
Options for buying supplies for the District
If you need to buy items for your building or department, several options are already in place for you to use.
HVS On-line catalog - offers ease of ordering items for classroom and office supplies (School Specialty and Staples) and for custodial supplies (Allied Eagle, Arnold Sales, JEM, Supply Den).
Amazon - the District has a corporate account to order items on-line, with cooperative pricing, for items not available through the on-line catalog
All buildings and departments have at least one person that already has access to the HVS on-line catalog and Amazon and can order items for their staff. Contact your building/department administrative assistant for more information.
Lowes - the District has a corporate account allowing you to purchase items from the store, tax-free. Contact the Maintenance & Operations Department for information on purchasing items from Lowes.
The Purchasing Department also has on-line accounts set up with Best Buy, Office Depot/Max, and Staples Advantage for those items not available through the other options.
Contact Purchasing for more information on using the above options.