Employment Opportunities Await
Welcome to Huron Valley Schools and the District’s Human Resources Department. We thank you for expressing an interest in joining our amazing team. Dedicated Huron Valley staff service students and community members in multiple capacities. On May 14, 2019, Huron Valley Schools moved to a new applicant tracking system with the Oakland Schools consortium through PowerSchool's HIRE. You will be directed to create a new account when applying for a position.
To view current job postings and apply for a position in Administration & Management, click here for postings
To view current job postings and apply for a position in Teaching & Instructional Support, click here for postings
To view current job postings and apply for a position in one the following areas, click here for postings
- Bus Drivers/Attendants
- Food Service
- School Age Care/Lunch Recess Monitors
- Recreation and Community Education
- Pools and Fitness
- Athletic Coaches
To apply for a Guest Teacher position, click here for instructions
For Guest Teacher information from EduStaff, click here
For information about all EduStaff positions, click here
To apply for all other Substitute positions, click here for postings
To Request an Employment Verification:
- Email requests for employment verifications to: email@example.com
- Include a signed authorization form by the employee so HVS is able to release the employment information. We will not release information if it is not included. We do not give employment information verbally.
- The turnaround time is 3-5 business days.
- Email any questions about employment verifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Resources staff is available to answer any questions you may have. Just ask for Joanne, Jody, Nora, Jo or Misty. Additional information may be found by expanding the blocks listed below.
Annual Compliance Notice
Annual Compliance Notices
Medicare Creditable Coverage Notice
Bloodborne Infectious Diseases
Staff Social Media Policy and Guidelines
Bargaining Unit Information
HVCS (Executive Assistants):
HVFMT (Foremen/Cafe Managers/Techs):
Benefits & Insurance Forms
Benefits & Insurance Forms
In the case of a "qualifying event" (ex, birth of a child, marriage, divorce, loss of other coverage) please contact the Human Resources Department immediately. Changes to insurance elections must be made within 30 days of the qualifying event and documentation of the qualifying event is required.
HVS Open Enrollment Information:
HVPEA (Para Educators) - Comparison Chart of MESSA Medical Plans
Teacher Opt Out/Waiver for Cash in Lieu
MESSA Groups other than HVEA (teacher) Enrollment Form
HVPEA - Para Educator Enrollment Form
HVSSP Enrollment Form - Dental/Vision only
PPACA Eligible Enrollment Form
HVS Welfare Benefit Plan
MET Life Employee Paid Voluntary Options:
To obtain a MetLife Accident Insurance Claim form call 1-866-626-3705.
MET Life Enrollment Booklet
MET Life Enrollment Change Form
MET Life Statement of Health Form
MET Life FAQ's
MET Accident Insurance FAQ's
MET Accident Insurance Plan Summary
MET Law FAQ's
MET Law Summary Plan Description
MET Law Mobile APP
HVEA Contributions to Medical
HVESP Contributions to Medical
AFSCME Contribution to Medical
HVPEA Contributions to Medical
HVSSP Contributions to Medical
HVFMT, HVSMC, HVCS Contributions to Medical
HVAA and COAT Contributions to Medical
HVPEA -Dental/Vision employee Contributions
HVSSP -Dental/Vision employee Contributions
Section 125 Flex Plan-Plan-BASIC
Employer Sponsored Health Plans
MESSA Forms & Information
2021 MESSA Plan Options - HVEA (Teacher)
Choices $500/$1000-No Coinsurance (PAK A)
ABC-$1400/$2800 - No Coinsurance (PAK C)
Choices $500/$1000 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX (PAK F)
Essential by MESSA $375/$750; 20% Co-Insurance (PAK E)
ABC-2 $2000/$4000 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX (PAK D)
2021 MESSA Plan Options - HVAA/COAT/HVSMC/HVFMT/HVCS/AFSCME/HVESP
Choices $500/$1000-No Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
ABC-$1400/$2800 - 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
Choices $1000/$2000 - 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
ABC-2 $2000/$4000 - 10% Coinsurance, 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
2021 MESSA Plan Options - HVPEA (Para-Educators)
Choices $500/$1000 - No Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
Choices $1000/$2000 - 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
ABC-2 $2000/$4000 - 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
Insurance Information and Forms
Teacher Employee HSA Payroll Deduction Form 2021
Non-Teacher Employee HSA Payroll Deduction Form 2021
Mandatory Mail Order Prescriptions Overview
Mandatory Mail Order Prescriptions FAQs
3 Tier RX Choices Plan
3 Tier RX ABC Plans
Copayment vs. Coinsurance - Choices Plans
Copayment vs. Coinsurance - ABC Plans
Essentials - Copayment vs Coinsurance - Teachers Only
Essentials - Understanding Deductibles - Teachers Only
Essentials - Benefit Summary
MESSA Gives You Options- Supplemental Employee Paid Options
MESSA ABC $1350/$2700 Summary of Benefits/Coverage
MESSA Choices PPO $500/1,000 (HVEA, HVAA, COAT, AFSCME, HVESP, HVPEA,HVSMC, HVFMT, HVCS)
MESSA ABC $2000/4000 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Delta Dental (Teachers Only) Plan Year is July 1-June 30
Other Health Plans (Blue Care Network - BCN HMO)
Dental - MetLife (All groups except teachers):
Vision - NVA, National Vision Administrators (All groups except teachers):
Schedule of Benefits-Vision:
Life Insurance Forms
Reliance standard - all groups except teachers.
COVID-19 Mandatory Postings
Employee Assistance Resources
New Employee Process:
1. No one shall begin work in any capacity in Huron Valley Schools until clearance is provided by HVS Human Resources.
2. All employees must be fingerprinted.
- A. Fingerprinting information is provided on the Human Resources website via a link on the Employment Processing page.
3. The new employee can obtain a HVS employment packet which is located below.
- A. Documents associated with four separate links must be accessed and printed
- 1. HVS Employment Forms (HVS Employment Forms-Students, if applicable)
- 2. IRS W-4
- 3. Michigan W-4
- 4. Employment Eligibility Form (I-9)
4. The new employee must complete Global Compliance Network training for Blood borne Pathogens and Hazardous Communication online. An instruction form will be included in the employment packet. The employee should print a certificate for each topic upon completion of the online training and attach the certificates to the employment packet.
5. The completed forms, along with a valid driver’s license and Social Security card, should be brought in to Human Resources.
6. Prepare a HVS Change of Status (COS) Form for New Employees and submit it to Human Resources electronically, by fax or through interschool mail separately or attached to the completed employment packet.
Once all of the above steps have been completed, the following will occur:
Human Resources will review all documents associated with the new employee. If any required document is missing, the new employee and hiring building/department will be notified and the packet will be held until it is complete.
HVS Human Resources will process the forms and contact the hiring building/department via email to provide clearance for the new employee to start working. The Technology Department will be notified by HR to set up accounts.
No one may be on Huron Valley Schools’ property acting in the capacity of an employee until clearance has been provided by the Huron Valley Schools Human Resources Department. No one will be processed and paid retroactively.
Additional Employment Forms:
For employment with EduStaff, our contracted services provider, please go to the following link www.edustaff.org and complete the required employment paperwork.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Family and Medical Leave Act
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
The Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) of 1993 allows you to take unpaid leave from for certain health and family situations while protecting your job and health benefits. The FMLA allows eligible employees to take up to 12 work weeks of unpaid leave over a 12-month “rolling” period for the following reasons:
- Birth, adoption, or foster care placement of a child
- A serious health condition that prevents the employee from doing the essential functions of his or her job.
- Caring for a child, spouse or parent with a serious health condition
- A qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that your spouse; son or daughter; parent is on active duty or call to active duty status in support of a contingency operation as a member of the National Guard or Reserve
- Your spouse; son or daughter, parent; or next of kin of a covered service member with a serious injury or illness.
The FMLA also allows most employees to maintain health insurance coverage while on leave and to return to the same or an equivalent position at the end of the leave. All health information is kept confidential within the Human Resources Department. Per the FMLA, when foreseeable, employees are required to notify the employee 30 days before the leave is to begin.
Employees are eligible to take leave if they have worked:
- For the employer for at least 12 months
- At least 1,250 hours in the previous 12 months
- At a worksite when 50 or more employees are employed by the company within a 75-mile radius of the worksite.
A leave can be taken all at once or intermittently such as for periodic medical treatments. Employees who may not qualify under the FMLA still need to complete the required paperwork and go through the FMLA process.
This is a brief overview. If you have any additional questions or if you need to request a leave under the FMLA, please contact the Human Resources Department at 248-684-8202.
HVS Request for FMLA Leave and Personal Leave
Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee's Serious Health Condition
Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member's Serious Health Condition
Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Service Member-For Military Family Leave (WH-384)
Military Injury or Illness Form (WH-385)
The State of Michigan "School Safety" legislation (2005 PA 129-131 and 138) recently enacted into law, has an impact on your employment with the school district. Employees convicted of any felony or a misdemeanor from the lists below must notify the Human Resources Department of their conviction (even if noted on your employment application).
After January 1, 2006, the new law requires you, as an employee of the district/school to self-report to your employer and the Michigan Department of Education when you have been arraigned/charged with certain identified crimes. (See the listing in Exhibit B). You must do so within three business days of arraignment or you will be guilty of an additional crime. The Human Resources Department can provide the reporting form. This information is confidential and protected with legislative criminal penalties for inappropriate disclosure.
The law now prohibits a school district from employing, in any capacity, a person convicted of a listed offense, (see the listing in Exhibit A). Individuals currently employed by a school district, who are on the sex offenders registry, must be dismissed from employment.
Detailed information regarding this new "School Safety" legislation may be found on Michigan's MDE website .
Teacher Evaluation Posting and Assurances
This link below has been created with the express purpose of meeting the posting and assurances requirements of MCL 380.1249(3).
MASSP Evaluation Postings and Assurances
WE CAN Health & Wellness
Weight Loss Tips:
When sour cream is called for in a recipe, replace it with Greek yogurt, such as FAGE. You won't be able to tell the difference!