All students should be familiar with their graduation requirements. If a student believes that they may be behind on credits, they should contact their counselor immediately to set up a credit recovery plan.
Huron Valley Summer School : If you have failed a class and need to make it up, you are encouraged to do so over the summer. All Huron Valley summer school courses are delivered online via the e2020 program.
2017 Huron Valley Summer School Packet : Summer school information is usually available in early May each year. Please read this packet carefully and familiarize yourself with all expectations, procedures, and policies relating to Huron Valley's Online Summer School program.
Follow the steps below to register for online summer school courses:
- Meet with your counselor to discuss summer school options.
- Fill out the summer school registration form and consent form (student and parent signatures needed).
- Your counselor will document which courses you intend to take.
- Pay for the course through the Recreation and Community Education Department (at the Apollo Center) or online at www.huronvalleyrec.com. ***If you receive free or reduced lunch, please let your counselor know as tuition assistance is available.***
- Attend any summer school open lab time and turn in your completed registration forms. Your course selections will be confirmed with what was documented by your counselor and your courses will be activated.
Credit Recovery Options : Are you behind in credits? Find out ways to get back on track. See your counselor immediately.
- Credit recovery can become very expensive, costing hundreds of dollars depending on how many credits you need to recover and how you recover them. Make sure to use the resources at school to help you pass your classes including extra help from teachers, peer tutoring, getting a private tutor, and working with your counselor. Don't let credit recovery become your only option for graduating from high school.