L.H.S. Local Scholarships : You will find all of the applications for the LHS Local Scholarships here in early February. These scholarships are open to LHS students only, so competition is much lower than compared to national, private scholarships. Take a look at the Local Scholarships Overview for a snapshot of the different scholarships offered last year.
- Alanna Nagi Memorial
- American Legion Beckwith
- Britt Perrotta Sommerfield Memorial
- Highland-White Lake Business Association
- Huron Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Huron Valley Education Association
- Huron Valley Schools Leadership Team
- L.H.S. Athletic Booster Club
- L.H.S. Holiday Hope For Kids
- L.H.S. Parent Council
- L.H.S. Student Activities
- Milford Garden Club
- Milford-Huron Valley Lions Club
- Oak Valley Middle School Staff
- Oxbow Elementary Alumni
- Shannon Gaber Memorial
- W.B.K. Cramer Memorial
- Zonta Club of Milford
Senior Scholarship Email Group : Make sure you are checking your email regularly! Remember that email address you gave to the Counseling Office at the start of the year? As soon as we receive scholarship information, we send it out directly to seniors. Check the email to see if you might be a qualified applicant. If you're a senior or senior parent who hasn't given your email address to the Counseling Office, make sure you do if you would like all of the current scholarship awards available.
William Carls College Scholarship Awards Program (Carls Scholar) : This $4,000, renewable award is open to Lakeland seniors who have been admitted to an engineering school at any of the public universities in the State of Michigan.
- Academic Requirements: 3.8 G.P.A., an S.A.T. score of 1220, and superior academic record in math and science courses.
- Lakeland High School will identify potential candidates and those students will be mailed information on the application process. Please contact the Counseling Office if you have any questions about eligibility requirements.
Girls and Boys State : Each year, Lakeland selects at least one male and at least one female representative to attend Boys State and Girls State. High school students from across the state are selected to participate in this unique government simulation experience during a week in the summer at a Michigan university. This opportunity is open for Lakeland junior students only. To be considered for Boys or Girls State, please see Mr. Dougherty.
State of Michigan and Federal Government Financial Aid Sties
- F.A.F.S.A. (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) - http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- U.S. Department of Education - http://www.ed.gov/
- Michigan Department of Education - www.michigan.gov/mde
- State of Michigan Student Financial Aid - http://www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid
- Guide to Federal Student Aid : A comprehensive guide to federal student aid. Everything you need to know about grants, loans, and the FAFSA can be found here. **Please note that you may fill out the FAFSA beginning on October 1st now.**
- Financial Aid Path - http://www.financialaidpath.com/
- Don't Get Scammed! : Published by the federal government. Tips for avoiding financial aid scams.
Financial Aid Information and Scholarship Search Sites
- National Association of Student Aid Administrators - http://www.nasfaa.org/
- Financial Aid Information Page - http://www.finaid.org/
- Financial Aid Eligibility Estimator - www.finaid.org/finaid/calculators/estimate.html
- "MI-Search" Scholarship Search Program - www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid
- Fastweb Scholarship Database - http://www.fastweb.com/
- Cappex Scholarship Database - http://www.cappex.com/
Financial Aid Night : Financial Aid Night is held in September each year at either Lakeland or Milford High School. The night is led by special guest presenter Greg Little, Director of Financial Aid Compliance and Training at Baker College.