L.H.S. Local Scholarships : You will find all of the applications for the LHS Local Scholarships here in early February. These scholarships are open to LHS students only, so competition is much lower than compared to national, private scholarships. Take a look at the Local Scholarships Overview for a snapshot of the different scholarships offered last year.
- Alanna Nagi Memorial
- American Legion Beckwith
- Britt Perrotta Sommerfield Memorial
- Highland-White Lake Business Association
- Huron Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Huron Valley Education Association
- Huron Valley Schools Leadership Team
- Kathy A. Janssen Foundation (click here for scholarship application)
- L.H.S. Athletic Booster Club
- L.H.S. Holiday Hope For Kids
- L.H.S. Parent Council
- L.H.S. Student Activities
- Milford Garden Club
- Milford-Huron Valley Lions Club
- Oxbow Elementary Alumni
- Shannon Gaber Memorial
- Suburban League
- W.B.K. Cramer Memorial
- Zonta Club of Milford
Follow these links to learn about more scholarship opportunities!
- MACAC Maggie Miller Scholarship : This $500+ non-renewable scholarship is available to students who will be attending a MACAC or NACAC affiliate member post-secondary institution (for your reference, these schools are MACAC members). Follow the link for the application! Application documents must be received by April 6, 2020.
- Rosa Parks Scholarships : This $2,000, non-renewable scholarship sponsored by Rosa Parks Scholarship Foundation, is available to Michigan high school graduating seniors. Applicants must be graduating from high school in spring 2020, have a GPA of 2.5 or above, and demonstrate financial need. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2020. Follow the link to apply!
- SWE (Society of Women Engineers) Detroit Scholarship Program : This scholarship provides financial assistance to Michigan women admitted to accredited programs, in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology, and computer science. Applicants must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0, and be a woman or other underrepresented gender in engineering and technology. Follow the link for more information and to apply!
- The David Barns Scholarship : This $2,500, renewable scholarship sponsored by David's Faith & Hope for Life Foundation, is available to high school seniors who attend school in Genesee, Lapeer, Oakland, or Macomb counties. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 13, 2020. The application for this scholarship can be found here.
- 2020 Metro Bureau Scholarship Application : This scholarship opportunity is available to students who meet the following requirements: be a graduating senior from a high school of a Metro Bureau member school district, and intend to enroll at either Oakland University, Wayne County Community College District, or Wayne State University. A complete, typed application is also a requirement. Applications must be submitted or postmarked by February 28, 2020. Follow the link for more information and to apply! You can find the application, and more information on their website! A signature form is also required to be submitted with your completed application. You can find the signature form here.
- Oakland Community College Chancellor's Scholarship : OCC is offering 100 non-competitive scholarships to Oakland County's high school graduates that will pay for the first year of a student's degree. At $3,500, the Chancellor's Scholarship is OCC's largest scholarship, and it will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis to all that qualify. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2020. Follow the link for more information and to apply!
- South Lyon Mothers of Multiples Scholarship : The South Lyon Mothers of Multiples organization is offering a $300 scholarship to a graduating senior in the greater South Lyon area. Applicants must meet the following qualifications: minimum GPA of 2.0, must be enrolled in higher education for Fall of 2020 (college, university, or skilled trade), and must be part of a multiple (twin, triplet, or higher order multiple). Follow the link for more information!
- El Dabe Ritter Scholarship : This $1,500 scholarship, sponsored by El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers in California, is available to high school seniors who are pursuing higher education in the United States. Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is June 30, 2020. Follow the link to apply!
- Dr. Lynne Boyle - John Schimpf Scholarship : This $2,500 scholarship is available to full-time undergraduate students majoring in broadcasting, video production, post-production, and media at an accredited college, university, or community college in Michigan. Deadline to apply is February 28, 2020. Follow the link to the website for more information! Dr. Lynne Boyle - John Schimpf Scholarship Application.
Senior Scholarship Email Group : Make sure you are checking your email regularly! Remember that email address you gave to the Counseling Office at the start of the year? As soon as we receive scholarship information, we send it out directly to seniors. Check the email to see if you might be a qualified applicant. If you're a senior or senior parent who hasn't given your email address to the Counseling Office, make sure you do if you would like all of the current scholarship awards available.
William Carls College Scholarship Awards Program (Carls Scholar) : This $4,000, renewable award is open to Lakeland seniors who have been admitted to an engineering school at any of the public universities in the State of Michigan.
- Academic Requirements: 3.8 G.P.A., an S.A.T. score of 1220, and superior academic record in math and science courses.
- Lakeland High School will identify potential candidates and those students will be mailed information on the application process. Please contact the Counseling Office if you have any questions about eligibility requirements.
Girls and Boys State : Each year, Lakeland selects at least one male and at least one female representative to attend Boys State and Girls State. High school students from across the state are selected to participate in this unique government simulation experience during a week in the summer at a Michigan university. This opportunity is open for Lakeland junior students only. To be considered for Boys or Girls State, please see Mr. Farmer.
State of Michigan and Federal Government Financial Aid Sties
- F.A.F.S.A. (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) - http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- U.S. Department of Education - http://www.ed.gov/
- Michigan Department of Education - www.michigan.gov/mde
- State of Michigan Student Financial Aid - http://www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid
- Guide to Federal Student Aid : A comprehensive guide to federal student aid. Everything you need to know about grants, loans, and the FAFSA can be found here. **Please note that you may fill out the FAFSA beginning on October 1st now.**
- Financial Aid Path - http://www.financialaidpath.com/
- Don't Get Scammed! : Published by the federal government. Tips for avoiding financial aid scams.
Financial Aid Information and Scholarship Search Sites
- National Association of Student Aid Administrators - http://www.nasfaa.org/
- Financial Aid Information Page - http://www.finaid.org/
- Financial Aid Eligibility Estimator - www.finaid.org/finaid/calculators/estimate.html
- "MI-Search" Scholarship Search Program - www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid
- Fastweb Scholarship Database - http://www.fastweb.com/
- Cappex Scholarship Database - http://www.cappex.com/
- Michigan Scholarships : This link to www.conqueryourexam.com includes information about many scholarships available to students pursuing higher education in Michigan.
Financial Aid Night : Financial Aid Night is held in September each year at either Lakeland or Milford High School. The night is led by special guest presenter Greg Little, Director of Financial Aid Compliance and Training at Baker College.