L.H.S. Local Scholarships : You will find all of the applications for the LHS Local Scholarships here in early February! These scholarships are open to LHS students only, so competition is much lower than compared to national, private scholarships. Take a look at the Local Scholarships Overview for a snapshot of the different scholarships offered this past year.
- American Legion Beckwith
- Britt Perrotta Sommerfield Memorial
- Highland Equestrian Conservation
- Highland-White Lake Business Association
- Huron Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Huron Valley Education Association
- Huron Valley Equestrian
- Huron Valley Schools Leadership Team
- Kathy A. Janssen Foundation
- L.H.S. Athletic Booster Club
- L.H.S. Holiday Hope For Kids
- L.H.S. Parent Council
- L.H.S. Principal
- L.H.S. Student Activities
- Milford Garden Club
- Milford-Huron Valley Lions Club
- Milford Rotary Club
- Oak Valley Middle School Staff
- Oxbow Elementary Alumni
- Shannon Gaber Memorial
- Suburban League
- Zonta Club of Milford
Senior Scholarship Email Group : Make sure you are checking your email regularly! Remember that email address you gave to the Counseling Office at the start of the year? As soon as we receive scholarship information, we send it out directly to seniors. Check the email to see if you might be a qualified applicant. If you're a senior or senior parent who hasn't given your email address to the Counseling Office, make sure you do if you would like all of the current scholarship awards available.
Girls and Boys State : Each year, Lakeland selects at least one male and at least one female representative to attend Boys State and Girls State. High school students from across the state are selected to participate in this unique government simulation experience during a week in the summer at a Michigan university. This opportunity is open for Lakeland junior students only. To be considered for this experience, please fill out this Boys and Girls State 2017 online survey by February 10th. Visit the website below or see Mr. Dougherty if you would like more information on Boys and Girls State.
State of Michigan and Federal Government Financial Aid Sties
- F.A.F.S.A. (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) - http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- U.S. Department of Education - http://www.ed.gov/
- Michigan Department of Education - www.michigan.gov/mde
- State of Michigan Student Financial Aid - http://www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid
- Guide to Federal Student Aid : A comprehensive guide to federal student aid. Everything you need to know about grants, loans, and the FAFSA can be found here. **Please note that you may fill out the FAFSA beginning on October 1st now. This guide still says January 1st, which is inaccurate.**
- Financial Aid Path - http://www.financialaidpath.com/
- Don't Get Scammed! : Published by the federal government. Tips for avoiding financial aid scams.
Financial Aid Information and Scholarship Search Sites
- National Association of Student Aid Administrators - http://www.nasfaa.org/
- Financial Aid Information Page - http://www.finaid.org/
- Financial Aid Eligibility Estimator - www.finaid.org/finaid/calculators/estimate.html
- "MI-Search" Scholarship Search Program - www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid
- Fastweb Scholarship Database - http://www.fastweb.com/
- Cappex Scholarship Database - http://www.cappex.com/
Financial Aid Night : Financial Aid Night was held at the Lakeland High School C.P.A. on September 27th, 2016 from 7-9pm. The night was led by special guest presenter Greg Little, Director of Financial Aid Compliance and Training at Baker College.