2017-2018 L.H.S. Parent & Student Handbook : Take a look at the course descriptions as you think about which classes to sign up for next year. This handbook also contains detailed information about Lakeland's policies including discipline, attendance, grading, and graduation requirements.
Schedule Change Policy : If there is an error on your schedule and you need to request a change, you must complete an online schedule change form which is made available leading up to each semester. No schedule changes will be made after the start of the semester. Please keep in mind that your schedule was created based on your selections during online scheduling the previous year. Teacher staffing, course offerings, and instructional supplied are all based on your course selections. Unfortunately, schedule change requests based on teacher preference or changing of your mind about course selections cannot be accommodated.
Scheduling Process : Students request their course work for the following school year each February/March. Students are encouraged to put ample time, consideration, and research information regarding the courses they are signing up for. This should be a discussion as a family in addition to meeting individually with their school counselor during the scheduling process.
Class of 2018 (current juniors)
- Scheduling Presentation - 2/1 during seminar
- Scheduling Materials - Includes the scheduling worksheet, info on application courses, and checking graduation requirements. *All juniors receive a copy of their transcript before the presentation and should check it against their graduation requirements.
Class of 2019 (current sophomores)
- Scheduling Presentation - 2/9 during seminar
- Scheduling Materials - Includes the scheduling worksheet, info on application courses, and checking graduation requirements. *All sophomores receive a copy of their transcript before the presentation and should check it against their graduation requirements.
Class of 2020 (current freshmen)
- Scheduling Presentation - 2/15 during seminar
- Scheduling Materials - Includes the scheduling worksheet, info on application courses, and checking graduation requirements. *All freshmen receive a copy of their transcript before the presentation and should check it against their graduation requirements.
Class of 2021 (current 8th graders)
- Scheduling Presentation - During visit to Lakeland High School on 3/16
- Course Selection Worksheet - This is what you complete to let your high school counselor know what courses you would like to take in 9th grader. Scheduling forms are turned in to the middle school counselors by March 24.
- Information Packet - Includes the welcome letter, scheduling reminders, sample 9th grade course selections, and frequently asked questions.
Many courses require students to complete an application for enrollment. These are often accelerated or Advanced Placement courses that require a student has previously demonstrated academic ability, commitment, and dependability. All application courses require the student and parent to sign the application. Applications are available below by clicking on the instructor's name. You will apply for these courses during the scheduling process in February/March.
A.P. Courses : Please visit our Advanced Placement course page for more information on A.P. course and exam information.
|A.P. Course||Instructor & Application||Grade|
|A.P. Biology||Ms. Beckett||11,12|
|A.P. Calculus AB||Ms. Anderson||12|
|A.P. Chemistry||Mr. McDonald||11,12|
|A.P. English Language||Mr. Perry||11|
|A.P. English Literature||Ms. Miska||12|
|A.P. Environmental Science||Mr. Lebutt||11,12|
|A.P. European History||Mr. Pouliot||11,12|
|A.P. Government||Mr. Howe||11,12|
|A.P. Human Geography||Mr. Leitheim (no application)||9|
|A.P. Economics||Ms. Gregory||11,12|
|A.P. Physics 1||Ms. Worthington||11,12|
|A.P. Psychology||Ms. Oddi||10,11,12|
|A.P. Statistics||Ms. Badr||11,12|
|A.P. Studio Art||Ms. Johnson||10,11,12|
|A.P. United States History||Ms. Smith||10|
Other advanced or specialized courses that may require applications:
|Application Course||Instructor & Application||Grade|
|Applied Video Internship||Ms. Reddy||10,11,12|
|Honors E.L.A. 9||Ms. Tureff (no application)||9|
|Honors E.L.A. 10||Ms. Whitehead||10|
|Career Internship||Ms. Engel||11,12|
|Dual Enrollment||Mr. Dougherty||11,12|
|Honors Algebra 2||Ms. Gilmore (no application)||10|
|Honors Geometry||Mr. Lock (no application)||9|
|Honors Pre-Calculus||Ms. Eckerle (no application)||11|
|Oakland Schools Technical Campus||Ms. Alfano||11,12|
|School Store||Ms. Rubin||11,12|
|Student Leadership||Mr. Rolando||10,11,12|
|Teacher Cadet||Ms. Engel||11,12|
|Writing Center||Ms. Hogan||11,12|