Welcome to Kurtz Elementary
The Kurtz Mission:
A welcoming community of empowered leaders dedicated to achieving GREATNESS.
Welcoming + Empowering + Achieving = Greatness
Academic, artistic and athletic excellence!
Setting high expectations
Shaping the future!
The Kurtz Elementary School community Grows Responsible and respectful leaders by Empowering students to achieve Academic, artistic and athletic excellence. Technology integration dynamically advances our 21st century classrooms. We provide a Nurturing environment with Enriching experiences and Set high expectations for all students who will Shape the future!
Fax: (248) 684-8024
Start Time: 9:10 AM
Dismissal Time: 4:07 PM
POINTS of PRIDE:
- Kurtz is a REWARD SCHOOL, with a Top 4% proficiency ranking in the State of Michigan!
- We continue to evolve in our growth as a Leader in Me school.
- We are invested in growing a Culture of Thinking at Kurtz.
- The Watch D.O.G.S. program offers our fathers regular opportunities to support students in our classrooms.
- Our PTA does wonderful things to support teaching, learning and the implementation of technology and resources.
- Technology integration countinues to be a priority at Kurtz!
- SMART Boards are common place in every classroom.
- Staff members are implementing new resources like Google Apps for Education, Moby Max and even coding in the classroom.
- We have reinvented our school improvement process. We are data driven and all inclusive.
- We are on the cutting edge of technology at Kurtz with our donation of one full Chromecart full of Chromebooks. Each grade level has access to their own cart. Kindergarten and first grade share a cart.
- Congratulations to Mr. Brugger and his Green Team for their work in getting Kurtz Emerald status in the Oakland County Green School initiative.
- With the support of our media tech, students film and post daily morning announcements on Youtube.
- Student photographers take daily pictures for our Watch D.O.G. Hero board and now for display on Twitter and Instagram.
Watch D.O.G. Kick off!! 6:00 PM to 7:15 PMWatch D.O.G. Kick off!!Sep 276:00 PM to 7:15 PMKurtz Calendar
1/2 Day for Students - Teacher Professional DevelopmentOct 6Kurtz Calendar
PTA Meeting 9:30 AM to 10:30 AMPTA MeetingOct 119:30 AM to 10:30 AMCafeteriaKurtz Calendar
Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00 PM to 8:00 PMParent/Teacher ConferencesOct 184:00 PM to 8:00 PMKurtz Calendar
Veterans Day Celebration in Huron Valley (2016)