Welcome to the Huron Valley Schools Enrollment Center

The information on this site is provided to assist parents and guardians in the student enrollment process. There are several ways to become a part of the Huron Valley Schools (HVS) family:

1) Gain residency in the Huron Valley School District.

Our Street Guide will help determine if you are a resident of our district.
PDF DocumentHuron Valley Schools Street Guide 17-18 - rev 7.18.2017


2) Enroll through Schools of Choice.

Huron Valley Schools is a Schools of Choice district. Under Schools of Choice Section 105, Huron Valley Schools may enroll students from another school district within Oakland County providing the student meets the application guidelines. More information can be found under the 'Schools of Choice' page.

Enrollment Instructions:

All NEW or returning families enrolling their Kindergarten - 12th grade student(s) must submit an online enrollment application through the Skyward Family Access Online Enrollment portal.

Required Documentation for Enrollment:

1) Child's Original Birth Certificate (with seal)

2) Parent/Guardian Identification (valid driver's license or passport)

3) Proof of Residency - Two of the following documents are required to prove residency: Recent Property Tax Statement, Current Lease/Rental Agreement, Closing Statement from a recent purchase, Insurance Statement, Utility Bills (examples include; Electric Bill (DTE Energy), Water Bill and Gas Bill (Consumers Energy).

***A cell phone bill does not prove residency and will not be counted as a proof.

4) Official Immunization Record from Doctor's office or Health Department - Upon enrollment, state law mandates that you must provide the school with a record showing that your child has received at lease one dose of the following immunizations (Parents must then follow up to complete the required vaccinations).

PDF Document2017 Immunization Requirements - Letter to Schools from Lansing
PDF DocumentPreschool/Childcare Requirements
PDF DocumentSchool Requirements

Need your child's official immunization record? Please fill out the Request for Official State of Michigan Immunization Record Application that can be found on MCIR.org External Link

Immunization Waiver Information - On December 11, 2014, the administrative rule was passed by Michigan Department of Community Health requiring any parent/guardian wanting to waive vaccine/vaccines for nonmedical reasons to receive vaccine education from their local health department. This rule applies to children entering childcare, kindergarten, and 7th grade or newly enrolled in the school district after January 1, 2016.

PDF DocumentParent Key Point Flyer
PDF DocumentImmunization Waiver Information

5) Vision Screening - Kindergarten students only. For more information, visit the Oakland County Vision Screening website External Link.

6) Guardianship Documentation (if applicable)

7) Special Education Documents – Current IEP/MET (if applicable)

Building Contact Information:

Building Name Position Phone Number
  Country Oaks Elementary   Cristin Gerwolds   Office Coordinator   248-684-8075
  Heritage Elementary   Kathy Schoenle   Office Coordinator   248-684-8190
  Highland Elementary   Beth Diedrich   Office Coordinator   248-684-8070
  Johnson Elementary   Kimberly Freiberg   Office Coordinator   248-684-8020
  Kurtz Elementary   Gerrianne Hurst   Office Coordinator   248-684-8025
  Lakewood Elementary   Cari Sinke   Office Coordinator   248-684-8030
  Oxbow Elementary   Jessica Nowak   Office Coordinator   248-684-8085
  Spring Mills Elementary   Kristen Arndt   Office Coordinator   248-684-8130
  Muir Middle School   Stephanie Rheaume   Records Secretary   248-684-8060
  Oak Valley Middle School   Heather Caddell   Records Secretary   248-684-8101
  White Lake Middle School   Melanie Bretz   Records Secretary   248-684-8004
  Harbor High School   Renetta Hiter   Office Coordinator   248-676-8421
  Lakeland High School   Karen Warner   Records Secretary   248-676-8351
  Milford High School   Kim Foley   Records Secretary   248-684-8267













General Questions:

Call Pupil Personnel 248-676-8431