Welcome to the Human Resources Department
Annual Compliance Notice
Annual Compliance Notices:
Medicare Creditable Coverage Notice
Bloodborne Infectious Diseases
Bargaining Unit Information
HVCS (Executive Assistants):
HVCCA (Childcare Workers):
SB-CEU Secure Central Registry
09-10 PD Forms (Elementary and Secondary)
09-10 Probationary Teacher PD Forms (Elem. & Second)
HVFMT (Foremen/Cafe Managers/Techs):
Benefits & Insurance Forms
Benefits & Insurance Forms
Change of Status forms must be completed within 30 days of a life changing event (ie. birth of a child/marriage/divorce).
HVS Open Enrollment Information:
Open Enrollment Guide
Teacher Opt Out/Waiver for Cash in Lieu
MESSA Groups other than HVEA (teacher) Enrollment Form
HVSSP Enrollment Form - Dental/Vision only
PPACA Eligible Enrollment Form
HVS Welfare Benefit Plan
MET Life Employee Paid Voluntary Options:
To obtain a MetLife Accident Insurance Claim form call 1-866-626-3705.
HVEA Contributions to Medical
HVESP Contributions to Medical
AFSCME Contribution to Medical
HVPEA Contributions to Medical
HVSSP Contributions to Medical
HVFMT, HVSMC, HVCS Contributions to Medical
HVAA and COAT Contributions to Medical
HVESP -Dental/Vision employee Contributions
HVPEA -Dental/Vision employee Contributions
HVSSP -Dental/Vision employee Contributions
Section 125 Flex Plan-PlanSource:
Flex Spending Open Enrollment Information
Flex Spending Account Online Open Enrollment/Access Directions
Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Healthcare Flexible Spending Account Reimbursement Form
Opt Out--Cash in Lieu of Health Form
Employer Sponsored Health Plans
MESSA Forms & Information
2018 MESSA Plan Options - HVEA (Teacher)
Choices $500/$1000-No Coinsurance
ABC-$1350/$2700 - No Coinsurance
Choices $500/$1000 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
Choices $1000/$2000 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
ABC-2 $2000/$4000 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
2018 MESSA Plan Options - HVAA/COAT/HVSMC/HVFMT/HVCS/AFSCME/HVESP
Choices $500/$1000-No Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
ABC-$1350/$2700 - 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
Choices $1000/$2000 - 10% Coinsurance - 3 Teir & Mandatory Mail RX
ABC-2 $2000/$4000 - 10% Coinsurance, 3 Teir & Mandatory Mail RX
2018 MESSA Plan Options - HVPEA (Para-Educators)
Choices $500/$1000 - No Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
Choices $1000/$2000 - 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
ABC-2 $2000/$4000 - 10% Coinsurance - 3 Tier & Mandatory Mail RX
Teacher Employee HSA Payroll Deduction Form 2018
Non-Teacher Employee HSA Payroll Deduction Form 2018
Mandatory Mail Overview
Mandatory Mail FAQs
3 Tier RX Choices Plan
3 Tier RX ABC Plans
Out of Pocket by Maximums by Plan
Copayment vs. Coinsurance - Choices Plans
Copayment vs. Coinsurance - ABC Plans
MESSA Gives You Options- Supplemental Employee Paid Options
MESSA ABC $1350/$2700 Summary of Benefits/Coverage
MESSA Choices PPO $500/1,000 (HVEA, HVAA, COAT, AFSCME, HVESP, HVPEA,HVSMC, HVFMT, HVCS)
MESSA ABC $2000/4000 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Delta Dental (Teachers Only) Plan Year is July 1-June 30
VSP2 Vision Plan (Teachers Only)
VSP Panel Benefits
VSP Non Panel Benefits
VSP-2 Reimbursement Instructions Teachers Only
VSP-2 Reimbursement Form Teachers Only
Other Health Plans (Blue Care Network - BCN HMO)
Dental - MetLife (All groups except teachers):
Vision - NVA, National Vision Administrators (All groups except teachers):
Schedule of Benefits-Vision:
Life Insurance Forms
Reliance standard - all groups except teachers.
Employee Assistance Resources
New Employee Process:
1. No one shall begin work in any capacity in Huron Valley Schools until clearance is provided by HVS Human Resources.
2. All employees must be fingerprinted.
- A. Fingerprinting information is provided on the Human Resources website via a link on the Employment Processing page.
3. The new employee can obtain a HVS employment packet which is located below.
- A. Documents associated with four separate links must be accessed and printed
- 1. HVS Employment Forms (HVS Employment Forms-Students, if applicable)
- 2. IRS W-4
- 3. Michigan W-4
- 4. Employment Eligibility Form (I-9)
4. The new employee must complete Global Compliance Network training for Blood borne Pathogens and Hazardous Communication online. An instruction form will be included in the employment packet. The employee should print a certificate for each topic upon completion of the online training and attach the certificates to the employment packet.
5. The completed forms, along with a valid driver’s license and Social Security card, should be brought in to Human Resources.
6. Prepare a HVS Change of Status (COS) Form for New Employees and submit it to Human Resources electronically, by fax or through interschool mail separately or attached to the completed employment packet.
Once all of the above steps have been completed, the following will occur:
Human Resources will review all documents associated with the new employee. If any required document is missing, the new employee and hiring building/department will be notified and the packet will be held until it is complete.
HVS Human Resources will process the forms and contact the hiring building/department via email to provide clearance for the new employee to start working. The Technology Department will be notified by HR to set up accounts.
No one may be on Huron Valley Schools’ property acting in the capacity of an employee until clearance has been provided by the Huron Valley Schools Human Resources Department. No one will be processed and paid retroactively.
Additional Employment Forms:
For employment with EduStaff, our contracted services provider, please go to the following link www.edustaff.org and complete the required employment paperwork.
Family Medical Leave Act
The Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) of 1993 allows you to take unpaid leave from your job for special family situations while protecting you job and health benefits. FMLA allows eligible employees to take up to 12 work weeks of unpaid leave in a 12-month period for the following reasons:
- Birth, adoption, or foster care placement of a child
- A serious health condition that prevents the employee from doing the essential functions of his or her job.
- Caring for a child, spouse or parent with a serious health condition
- A qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that your spouse; son or daughter; parent is on active duty or call to active duty status in support of a contingency operation as a member of the National Guard or Reserve
- Your spouse; son or daughter, parent; or next of kin of a covered servicemember with a serious injury or illness.
The FMLA also allows most employees to maintain health insurance coverage while on leave and to return to the same or an equivalent position at the end of the leave.
Employees are eligible to take leave if they have worked:
- For the employer for at least 12 months
- At least 1,250 hours in the previous 12 months
- At a worksite when 50 or more employees are employed by the company within a 75-mile radius of the worksite.
A leave can be taken all at once, intermittently (such as for periodic medical treatments), or if your employer agrees, by working part-time (such as just after a child's birth or while recovering from a serious health condition).
This is a brief overview of the facts on FMLA for your information. If you have any additional questions please contact the Human Resources Department at 248-684-8202.
Your Rights Under FMLA
HVS Request for FMLA Leave and Personal Leave
Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee's Serious Health Condition
Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member's Serious Health Condition
Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave
Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Servicemember - for Military Family Leave
WH 385 Military Form
The State of Michigan "School Safety" legislation (2005 PA 129-131 and 138) recently enacted into law, has an impact on your employment with the school district. Employees convicted of any felony or a misdemeanor from the lists below must notify the Human Resources Department of their conviction (even if noted on your employment application).
After January 1, 2006, the new law requires you, as an employee of the district/school to self-report to your employer and the Michigan Department of Education when you have been arraigned/charged with certain identified crimes. (See the listing in Exhibit B). You must do so within three business days of arraignment or you will be guilty of an additional crime. The Human Resources Department can provide the reporting form. This information is confidential and protected with legislative criminal penalties for inappropriate disclosure.
The law now prohibits a school district from employing, in any capacity, a person convicted of a listed offense, (see the listing in Exhibit A). Individuals currently employed by a school district, who are on the sex offenders registry, must be dismissed from employment.
Detailed information regarding this new "School Safety" legislation may be found on Michigan's MDE website .
Teacher Evaluation Posting and Assurances
This link below has been created with the express purpose of meeting the posting and assurances requirements of MCL 380.1249(3).
MASSP Evaluation Postings and Assurances
WE CAN Health & Wellness
Weight Loss Tips:
When sour cream is called for in a recipe, replace it with Greek yogurt, such as FAGE. You won't be able to tell the difference!