The School Board of Education
The School Board consists of seven elected citizens, who act as representatives for the local voting community. The Board acts under the jurisdiction of state laws and regulations.
Responsibilities of the Board
The general responsibilities of the Board of Education are to:
- Represent the voting public in making decisions regarding schools, school policies and education, etc.
- Help establish the goals and objectives of the District's educational program.
- Assist the administration with improving and enhancing the quality of education offered by the District.
- Keep the public well informed about the District's educational program.
- Represent the District in statewide efforts to promote public education.
Our School Board Policies are located on the left hand side of this page under 'Board of Education'.
Board of Education - Upcoming Events
Board of Education Regular Meeting 7:00 PM to 9:00 PMBoard of Education Regular MeetingMar 207:00 PM to 9:00 PMLakeland High SchoolBoard of Education
Board Meeting Agenda's 2016-17
Board Meeting Agenda's 2015-16
Huron Valley School Board Members 2016-17
Jeff Long - President
Mr. Long resides in White Lake
Mr. Long was elected to the Board in November 2011.
Rebecca Walsh – Vice President
Ms. Walsh resides in White Lake
Ms. Walsh was elected to the Board in November 2009and re-elected in 2014
Sean Carlson - Treasurer
Mr. Carlson resides in Commerce
Mr. Carlson was elected to the Board in 2008 to complete a term and was re-elected in November 2009 and 2014.
Lindsay Cotter - Secretary
Ms. Cotter resides in Milford
Ms. Cotter was appointed to the Board in December 2009 and re-elected in November 2010 and 2014