Help the Coalition achieve its mission of mobilizing the community against substance abuse!
Like Working with Youth?
- Chaperone youth events
- Volunteer to assist with youth focus groups
- Volunteer to help with administration of the Social Marketing Campaign and/or Project Sticker Shock
Like Meeting New People in the Community?
- Attend Coalition meetings
- Distribute posters, promotional materials to the community
- Pick-up food, help set-up, assist with registration at Coalition events
- Help conduct, pass out surveys at school, parent, sport, community events
- Volunteer to solicit donations of items for focus groups
- Visit tobacco retailers and educate them about the Youth Tobacco Act
Have Communications, PR and/or Marketing Skills?
- Volunteer as a Graphic Artist
- Serve on a Public Relations Advisory Committee
- Write freelance articles for the e-newsletter
- Serve on a Family Day or "Not a Minor Problem" Committee
- Take pictures/video at events
- Update links on website
Have Financial or Sales Skills?
- Serve on our Finance Committee
- Serve on our fundraising committee
- Solicit donations
Enjoy Clerical Work?
- Develop and maintain a list of Coalition members
- Help make copies, put together mailings in the Coalition office
- Help with teen surveys-check for clean copies
- Update the Coalition website
Enjoy Collecting and/or Analyzing Facts?
- Help analyze survey information
- Collect community indicators from police departments, hospitals, EMS
- Assist with evaluation focus groups
- Assist youth in conducting surveys
- Pass out parent surveys