Information for Parents:
- Parents: The AntiDrug
- Parenting to Prevent Underage Alcohol Use
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics
- Partnership for a Drug Free America
- Make a Difference: Talk to Your Child About Alcohol
- Giving Children and Teens What They Need
- Family and Parenting Programs in Oakland County
- Oakland Helplink
- Adolescent Substance Abuse
Information for Teens:
- Students Against Destructive Decisions
- What's your anti-drug?
- Facts for Teens
- The Science Behind Drug Abuse
- When a Parent Drinks Too Much
- A Place for Teens to Check Where They Are with Drugs and Alcohol: www.checkyourself.com or www.drugfree.org
To find out more about reducing underage drinking:
StopAlcoholAbuse.gov is a comprehensive portal of federal resources for information on underage drinking and ideas for combating this public health issue.
For information on reducing tobacco use:
- Tobacco Free Kids
- Michigan Tobacco Quit Line: Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW. The free Quit Line offers a personal health coach and participant toolkits to help gain confidence and motivation needed to quit for good. Available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Michigan Smokers' Quit Kit: Call 1-800-537-5666. The free Quit Kit is a resource that provides step-by-step instructions on how to quit smoking successfully and stay quit.
- American Caner Society
- American Lung Association
Prescription drug abuse is an increasing public health problem. For more information:
- Using Prescription Drugs for Non-medical Uses?
- How do Kids get Prescription Drugs?
- Facts about Prescription Pain and Other Medications
- As You Age: A Guide to Aging Medicines, and Alcohol
Many drugs are abused, and most websites give information about drugs that are abused. So check out the sites above or you may also check these.
- Preventing Drug Abuse among Children and Adolescents
- NIDA - Research Report Series - Heroin Abuse and Addiction
- The National Inhalant Prevention Coalition
- Meth Resources Page
Oakland County Treatment and referral information is available at:
Other Oakland County information and referral information is available at:
Information on Twelve Step Recovery Groups is available at:
- The Michigan Central Office for Alcoholics Anonymous
- If Someone Close to You Has a Problem, Al-Anon/Alateen
- If you are an Adult Child of an Alcoholic/Addict
- If you want to stop using drugs, Narcotics Anonymous
Resources for Educators:
We are a member of Alliance of Coalitions for Healthy Communities: